Remote Learning Hub
If you need support with learning at home you can find it here in our Remote Learning Hub.
You must 'Allow Cookies' if you have not already done so to enable the links on this page.
To access Google Classroom:
- Go to classroom.google.com (we recommend doing this on a laptop, but this can also be accessed by downloading the following apps on a tablet or phone if needed: Google Docs & Google Classroom). You may need to sign out of your personal Google accounts before signing into Google Classroom.
- Login using the @valenceprimaryschool.com email address and password given to your child
- Select your child’s class and select ‘classwork’ at the top. This is where your child’s teacher will post activities and lessons.
- Please submit your child’s work using the ‘turn in’ button within the assignment.
We do recognise that this may not be fully accessible to all families and that there may be technical difficulties accessing and completing the work online. Please contact the school for further support.
Google Classroom link: classroom.google.com
Google Classroom Help & Support: support.google.com/edu/classroom
Google Meet Help & Support: support.google.com/meet
Google Classroom Signing-in Troubleshooting
- Keep an eye on what you are typing in, we use two layers of authentication which will mean typing the email address twice before entering your password on some devices.
- If Google Classroom asks you for a Code to join a class you are more than likely not signed in on the pupil's account, ensure you sign out of any personal accounts and sign in as the pupil.
- If you have trouble signing in on a PC/Laptop/Mac we recommend using a Private Window to sign in, this will allow all other Google accounts on the device and let you sign in with ease. There are links below on how to do this depending on which browser you are using.
- We have had some issues with Samsung mobiles & tablets, if you experience issues on a Samsung device we recommend installing a new browser specifically to use for Google Classroom. You can use Edge or Chrome, just choose the one you do not already use and avoid signing in on a personal Google account.
Class Dojo is a behaviour-rewarding app/website that many teachers at Valence have been using to reward children’s hard work in class. Class Dojo also allows parents and teachers to communicate directly.
To set up Class Dojo follow the steps below.
- Go to www.classdojo.com (or download the Class Dojo app)
- Select ‘sign up’ and then select ‘parent’
- Enter the code provided (codes have been sent via ParentMail or a letter home)
Class Dojo link: www.classdojo.com
Details for Nursery and Reception online learning are shared here when relevant.
Websites we use at Valence
Don't forget that our pupils have access to the following websites where they can access some fantastic learning resources. Pupils will have log in details for Active Primary and TT Rockstars.
ActiveLearn: www.activelearnprimary.co.uk (request login details via Class Dojo)
Time Table Rockstars: ttrockstars.com (request login details via Class Dojo)
Monster SATs: www.monstersats.co.uk (request login details via Class Dojo)
Numbots: play.numbots.com (can be accessed with TT Rockstars log-in details)
Free websites for all to use
The following websites are great resources for learning at home, there should be something for everyone.
BBC Bitesize: www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
BBC Teach: www.bbc.co.uk/teach
BBC Newsround https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
BBC Cbeebies https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies
Woodlands school site http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk
Google Arts and Culture https://artsandculture.google.com/project/streetviews
Eden Project resources https://www.edenproject.com/learn/eden-at-home
Museum of London https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/schools/
Phonics support https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk
Science fun https://www.science-sparks.com
Oak National Academy https://classroom.thenational.academy
Oxford Owl: www.oxfordowl.co.uk/home
Speech & Language: speechandlanguage.info/parents
Explorify: explorify.wellcome.ac.uk (parents sign up for a free account & select Home Educator)
White Rose Maths: whiterosemaths.com/homelearning
There are some excellent apps we use at school that you can download for free to use on your mobile devices.
- Chatter Pix for Kids
- Puppet Pals
- Swift Playgrounds
- Y2 Maths
Here you will find any PDF's to download. These may be related to support or learning at home.
- BDSIP Support for Families of Children with SEND
- Word games for families
- Outside Support Leaflet 2020
- You’re never too young to talk mental health
- Home Learning Workspace
- Online Safety Tips
- Home Learning Routines
- Early Support for Parents of Children with Speech and Language Needs
- IASS - Dagenham Carers (PDF)
Active Learning Maths
- Mathsflex Presentation for Parents (PDF)
- School Jam Presentation for Parents (PDF)
- Power Maths Presentation for Parents (PDF)
- Power Maths Reception Calculation Policy (PDF)
- Power Maths KS1 Calculation Policy (PDF)
- Power Maths Lower KS2 Calculation Policy (PDF)
- Power Maths Upper KS2 Calculation Policy (PDF)